|Event||Culture Vultures: Islamic Science & Inventions|
|Type||Kids Camp: Islamic Science & Inventions|
|Venue||NYLA, 39 Thurloe St, South Kensington, SW7 2LQ London|
|Date||July 10th - July 14th 2017|
|Time||10am - 4pm, daily|
Immerse yourself in the vibrant art and culture scene of London and inspire the kids during school holidays! Ages: 5 - 9yrs and 10 -14 yrs.
July 10th-14th: Islamic Science & Inventions
Monday 10th July
- Introduction to Islamic Science & Inventions followed by a visit to the Natural History Museum
Tuesday 11th July
- Day trip to Oxford Science Museum to explore Islamic science, inventions and philosophers (meet at Paddington Station at 9.45am to take the 10.22 traing to Oxford)
(Session will run from 1pm-2.30pm)
Wednesday 12th July
- Day trip to Science Museum and Wonderlab encouraging children to experiment with science
Thursday 13th July
- Create your own inventions & experiments using household objects and arts, crafts, at NYLA or in HYDE park (subject to weather)
Friday 14th July
- Experiment with science kits in HYDE park (subject to weather)
This one week camp will take children out daily to fun and interesting visits to the Science museums, Oxford Science Museum, iconic science sites and parks in London with workshop co-ordinators. Children will learn about the key elements of Islamic Science and inventions and interpret this in a contemporary context.
Afternoons will be jam packed with arts & crafts activities, experimental nature and play, invention design and science experiments. For older children there will be sessions on Minecraft, Photoshop and Indesign to design their own scientific experiments and inventions, for which laptops will be required but may be loaned if necessary.
Tickets: £50 per day Barakat Members: £40 per day
FREE to GRENFELL communities and FREE BURSARY PLACES AVAILABLE, email us at email@example.com
The children will be supervised by members of staff and volunteers during visits and activities.
Drop-in and collection at: NYLA, 39 Thurloe St, South Kensington, SW7 2LQ London (unless otherwise stated)
Reminder: Please remember to pack lunch for your children, Under 5 years old must be accompanied by and adult or guardian
We would like to thank Amal - A Said Foundation Project for sponsoring our Science and Invention Kids Camp